Thursday 6 March 2008

Bob the Snowman

My apologies to any young readers, who might be scared of this snowman. We were limited to the little snow left, and underneath the snow was dirt and leaves.
This is Bob made this morning while we waited for the school bus. We need to readjust his eyes a bit I think!

We have a habit of naming things/people "BOB" when we need a name. It's a Blackadder thing.

In Starbucks, when the staff take my order asks for my name, I say "Bob". The kids think it is hilarious. I get some really strange looks when I am there by myself, but that makes it more fun (see how I am losing the plot.)

Funny story for the day. Yesterday, after getting to Wilmersdorf via taxi (see previous post). I did my shopping, and went to the local Starbucks for a coffee (I had my knitting in my bag). I ordered my coffee, and without prompting the girl behind the cash register says, in German.
"Your name is Bob, right?"
I reply "Thank you! That's right, you remembered!"

She looked very proud of herself. I was thrilled!

No comments: