Friday 16 March 2007

Easter decorating

A German tradition is to decorate branches for Easter. You buy a bunch of branches from the florist or market and pop them into a vase with water.  Decorations are hung from the branches, and soon the branches will bloom with flowers. I am not sure which flowers will spring to life from these ones, so it will be a nice surprise. The shops and florists are overflowing with bundles of branches to sell. Phil says this is just another excuse for me to buy more decorations. (like my Christmas decoration obsession). So, I don't want to disappoint him, I have bought a few for the beginning of my collection I also bought some bags of plastic coloured eggs to hang on the trees outside. 
This is a tree in one of our neighbours gardens. It looks quite pretty when you walk past it. I could just imagine what our neighbours in Sydney would think if we hung these on the gum trees outside our house. I love this tradition. It's bright and colourful and I want to continue this when we go back to Australia.

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love the Eggs Idea - what a fun way to decorate! May I steal it - it would look so cute hanging eggs from our deck. And I love the quilt you showed the kids! Great colors