Monday 2 April 2007

Loch Katrine & Venachar

Leaving Falkirk (after a stop at Tescos for supplies), we were heading for Fort William for our overnight stay. We drove through beautiful sunshine and scenery to Trossachs National Park, where we stopped at Loch Katrine. The scenery was magic, and we planned to do a boat ride along the lake, The boys are sure that every lake contains a monster (pleosaur), and that we should look out for Katie, the monster of Lake Katrine. We had time for a stretch in the sun and a coffee before we got underway.

Loch Katrine boathouse, where we started our boat trip Some of the amazing scenery on our trip. Three boys enjoying the boat ride, and looking for 'Katie' The water was so still, that it left the most amazing ripples in our wake. It was almost like an stirring cake mix. No Katie sightings, but lots of fun! It was a very relaxing and beautiful trip on the Loch, and the untouched beauty of Scotland is really worth seeing. 

We stopped into Callender for lunch after our boat trip. I can spot a Christmas shop anywhere, and there was one in this small town called The Nutcracker.  I knew exactly where I was going straight after lunch. I found these gorgeous Scottish decorations, perfect for our tree. I did pick up a business card (mail order), but I think Phil must have thrown it out. Never fear, a quick internet search, and I found it did I mention they do mail order? 


I know this Santa tree isn't Scottish...but I could not resist! Also this Scottish Brownie came home with us. Brownies are believed to live in houses and help do jobs around the house. (I am hoping we might find one and entice them to come back to Berlin with us) They do not like to be seen and will only work at night, in exchange for small gifts or food. They will leave your house if you call the gifts payments or if they are offered clothes, even though their clothes are usually raggy. So, I promised this Brownie that I will not make him any clothes, and only supply gifts (gee..I hope it works).

Note to Brownie...that basket of ironing needs to be done!

We stopped at Loch Venachar for a paddle. 

 The water was freezing, but that didn't stop the kids from taking their shoes and socks off for a paddle!

No comments: