Saturday 11 March 2006

Alexander's Ten Pin Bowling Party










We took Alexander, Cameron and 7 friends ten pin bowling for Alexander's 7th birthday party. I booked the lanes over the phone..(a brave thing for me, I am not confident speaking Deutsch on the phone). I failed to mention that the lanes were for children. Not all lanes have the ability to put up the gutter rails (the rails come up, so the kids don't end up getting gutter balls for the whole time). 













Unfortunately all kid lanes were booked, and we had to tough it out on the "adult lanes". Surprisingly, the kids did pretty well. Isaiah gets the award for the slowest bowling ever. Twice the ball stopped in the middle of the lane and we had to ask the guy working there to get it for us. The kids were terrific. I loved the way when someone was bowling, the others got behind them and cheered when a pin was knocked down, and were sympathetic when the ball went into the gutter!










After bowling we took the kids to the ice cream shop for ice cream and cake. I had booked a couple of tables...(again on the telephone). I decided to go in a few days before, just to make sure I had actually booked the tables. I asked if they would be able to make an ice cream cake, or normal cake......no chance. So, I made cupcakes for everyone . They didn't look very attractive sitting on top of each other....but they were tasty. 












After cake and ice cream, we still had another 1/2 hour before parents were coming to pick the children up. Alexander opened his presents from his friends and we all had another drink. 










The kids sang lots of songs from their music classes and the school production they are all practicing for. 
 

1 comment:

Kim said...

So great to hear that the children enjoyed themselves!