Saturday 15 December 2007

Xmas markets & scary Santa

We caught the train into the Ku'damm this morning. We went searching for a Santa photo.  I thought our best chance would be KaDeWe. Santa photos are not a typical thing here.

We rated the KaDeWe Santa 2/10.  

Santa would have got extra points if he had smiled.  He would also have got extra points if he said hello to the kids and talked to them.  

Instead, he sat like a statue, and grumbled if anyone sat too close to him. Actually I think the kids were a bit scared of him.  Cameron's eyes were closed, but even I was too frightened to take one more photo in case I was told off by Santa! 
So, I am on the hunt for a friendly Santa...if anyone has seen one in Berlin, please let me know! On the plus size, the decorated trees in KaDeWe were lovely.

The markets are always fun to walk around. Better to go early in the day, when the crowds are not so big, especially with the kids. Here is a picture for Dad, of the chestnuts roasting....lecker, lecker, lecker! The German traditional Lebkuchen (gingerbread). Michelle sent one to her Mum in South Africa....it cost her 16 euros in postage, about 3 times the price of the actual Lebkuchen! I hope she enjoys it! Shock, Cameron says "take a photo of me Mum", and for once he is not pulling a face at the camera!!

No comments: