Sunday 30 April 2006

Phil and the Barbeque

After 15 months, we finally have the BBQ working again! 

After getting a German gas bottle, I realised that the connections were all wrong. I then had to find a hardware shop (like a Bunnings) where they had BBQ stuff - but no adaptor existed to fit the German bottle with either the Australian hose, or a German hose to an Aussie BBQ! 

 A friend offered to fix it for me - so I gave him my Aussie hose, a new German hose, and a description of how they should be connected. He had a mate who worked in the industry who could get it done. So at 'mate of a mate' pace, it was converted to fit - but being Germany, there was all sorts of concern about its use, and I nearly had to swear on a stack of bibles that it was for outdoor use only (Question - who BBQs inside?). 

So, after 15 months, I got to fire up the BBQ. Beer in hand, warm spring sunshine.
All seems somehow right in the world. 

This weekend we had Lieven & Tina and Alan & Sonia over to give the BBQ a proper test run. Problem was the weather turned nasty and my breath was steaming as I was trying to cook lunch (about 5 degrees)! 
However the barbeque performed well and we had a super afternoon.

No comments: