Friday, 25 May 2007

Mahjong anyone?


Today some of the Mum's from school met at Chantal's for a "learn Mahjong" morning!

Until today, I had no idea what Mahjong was, and what you used etc!

Chantal was terrific at explaining the tiles, the rules and how to play, and after 2 games, 4 of us were able to play a basic game by ourselves!

I am hooked, and I am hoping some of the other mums are hooked to, so we can do this more often!


photo borrowed from http://www.dajamahjong.nl (because I forgot my camera!)

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I've never played "real" mahjong - just on the computer but I'm majorly addicted! I even have mahjong fabric I found a few years ago. Don't know what I'll do with it. My idea was something for my sister as she's the one who got me hooked on it.

Anne S said...

Mahjong is majorly addictive - I've got a couple of games downloaded on the computer and can spend hours playing it! (I got Mum addicted too!!) :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, love it, love it, however playing mahjong on the computer and actually playing are extremely different. You will be hooked forever.

BlissxStitches said...

I used to play Mahjong every Wednesday evening. I loved it!

Did I hear someone in the household had a birthday this week? If so, I hope it was a good day. ((hugs))

swooze said...

I have played the computer version. Will have to look up the rules and check it out.

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you had loads of fun. I never heard of Mahjong before. I'll have to investigate. LOL
Another thing to get hooked on besides fabric!!!!!