Friday 8 September 2006

A girls' weekend in Paris

Sonia and I left Berlin for a weekend in Paris. A good flight, but we could not identify the food served by Air France. We managed the train system really well, but not so good on the street directions to get to the hotel. The street signs in Paris were tricky to find and read, and I think I need to get my glasses rechecked. We eventually found the hotel A quick check in to put our bags in the room, then a 15 minute walk down to the Louvre! WOW.....fabulous. 














I saw the paintings I have only ever seen in my art books at school and university.  

Later that night, Charlotte (my French penfriend, living in England) and her friend Nathalie (French living in France) arrived. They quickly checked in to the same hotel, and we headed out to wander around Paris.














On our travels we wandered around the stores on the Champs- Elysees. We found the most amazing DVD and CD store, and lots more. Back at the hotel by 12.30am.

No comments: