Wednesday 14 November 2007

Phil in Shanghai

I had a business trip to Shanghai and London. There was an option for us to move to Shanghai at one stage before we took this posting to Berlin, so I was keen to finally visit! 

The city really took me by surprise - it was a really interesting place, very modern (in the parts where we stayed), dynamic and full of life. The Bund had great restaurants, bars and nightclubs (very western!). I think I have eaten the best meal of my life there - at a place called Jade on Jade, on the 36th floor of the Shangrila Hotel - French/Chinese fusion -  fantastic! Although the traffic in peak hour would drive me nuts!

Lots of business meetings, but I was able to squeeze in a bit of bargain shopping and had a quick look around, including the French quarter and the Jade Buddha temple, and a great Ancient Chinese Museum.
Finished off the trip by flying to London for a 3 day course, and finally back home.

No comments: