Monday 21 August 2006

Phil -in South Africa















Unfortunately I had to leave Nicole and the boys in Australia, and head off to Singapore and South Africa for work. Both were great trips (business-wise) and also enjoyable from a personal perspective! 

In particular, I was fortunate that a colleague took me camping to the Vaal River, which is about 1.5 hours drive out of Jo'burg. It was the middle of winter, nights were freezing. I had bought some woolen longjohns in Australia and some suitable jackets, thankfully these kept me warm.  














It was really relaxing, the company was great and we had a Braai (BBQ in South African parlance!). It felt like camping back in Australia. We cruised on the river, had a few drinks, and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Then it was back to Midrand for 5 very long, but worthwhile days of business, then back to Berlin to see the family again!

No comments: