Monday, 12 February 2007

Project Spectrum Strips

Project Spectrum colours for February and March are Blue, White and Grey.

I pulled all the 1 1/4 and 1 1/2" strip boxes out, Phil sorted them for me, and I have been sewing them together.

This afternoon I sewed the blue strips and got 12 x 10" blocks sewn, and used up all the blue strips. I thought I would get 8 blocks, so I was not too far off the mark!

I think they look quite good when they are laid out like this!

Here are the cream ones I did a few weeks ago.

These are sewn directly onto the wadding, so I can try some reversible quilts (see 19th Jan post). I have thought of a block to use on the other side of the wadding, but I want to get all the strips sewn on first, to see which colours I will group together!



Project Spectrum colours for April/May are Green, Yellow, Pink. I am going to start on the green strips next....getting a head start, as there are heaps of green strips.
but for now, I am about to start quilt #5.

12 comments:

qwltnfool said...

Nicole, your string blocks are beautiful! It has become the "thing to do" here and I've gotten into them as well. Thanks for the kind words on my blog! If you have a good applique teacher, you will learn to love it, I'm sure. I use the freezer paper on the bottom or as of late, have been using the backbasting method. If you enjoy details and handwork, you will carry your nice work from piecing over into the applique. Give it a try!

Nancy said...

I like both your blue and cream string blocks. I've considered joining project spectrum and doing a blue/white string block for the first one but I have so many other things going on right now I'm afraid to commit myself to anything else new. But I'm enjoying what everyone else is coming up with.

Pam said...

Hello.

I am stopping in quickly to post the link for the Hugs and Kisses quilt - I will have to come back when I have more time to read your blog - but the string quilts are lovely.

http://www.quiltpox.com/patterns/Hugs/

You will probably have to copy and paste the link. I hope it works. If not just email me.

ruth said...

I like your blue quilt blocks.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Love the string blocks!

Thanks for popping in to visit my blog and for leaving such nice wishes!

swooze aka Suzette said...

Wow another strings layout that I like. The tone themed ones are very attractive to me. Can't wait to see others!

Quilterin said...

Nicole, it`s faszinating how different the colors look like. Can`t say what I like more. Both are great!

Wendy said...

Wow these are wonderful string blocks. I look forward to seeing more.

Sweet P said...

A lot of people are making string blocks. I am not a fan of making the blocks. However, I love your cream string blocks.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day!

Mary said...

Love the string blocks but then I'm addicted to string quilts these days. I've always liked them and had made several string quilts but now with the HeartStrings project I'm searching out variations and trying to make them all!

Tracy said...

looks great beautiful blocks can't wait to see the completed quilt. :)