Wednesday, 11 October 2006

Knit one, Purl one.....


Here is the current status of the scarf I am knitting for ********* (can't say the name..just in case)
It is for a man, and mum says it is better to knit one, purl one, knit one, purl one. Th wool is from Australia, and a friend of my brothers hand dyes the wool, it is lovely to knit with.

Wow, this is taking a long time to knit up. I am using size 4 needles? maybe 5 at the most.....

Normally i make girly scarfs with fluffy wool on size 8-10 needles. They knit up really quickly. I can whip up a girly scarf in 2 nights.

In an evening, I can knit about 3 inches if I am lucky! I hope i can get it finished by Xmas.

I wish I could knit as fast as this lady!
click on the link to watch this really cool video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ZjMWLqJvM&eurl

4 comments:

Anne L said...

Thanks for the link to the cool video, wish I could knit as fast as her without losing a stitch. Happy Knit one, Purl one, it is looking great. I prefer large needles and the feather wool, toooo hot to knit here in Manila. Happy knitting.

Singular Stitches said...

What a beautiful scarf that's going to make!!! The recipient will love it!!

catsmum said...

have you learnt to knit continental style since you got to Berlin?

catsmum said...

me again nic ... I left the answer to your question over on my blog but then thought I'd put it here as well... as I understand it continental knitting [ as done in most of europe ] uses the left hand to control the yarn rather than the right as we do with the english method. It's supposed to be much, much faster so maybe you should ask around while you're there and btw when are you coming back to OZ?